Welcome to the website of the
Village of Auburndale, Wisconsin

We hope you find our village site both interesting and informative.

Auburndale is a small village in central Wisconsin conveniently located within minutes of three larger towns, yet retains a very rural and friendly feel. The Village is 8 miles east of the city of Marshfield, 25 miles west of Stevens Point, and 20 miles northwest of Wisconsin Rapids. These 3 cities have excellent medical care and diverse restaurants, shopping and entertainment. The population of Auburndale is 703 per the 2010 census with 291 households.

History of Auburndale
The Village of Auburndale was first settled in 1871 by William St. Thomas who began clearing land for cultivation. Later that same year John and Robert Conner arrived, built a cabin, bought some land and laid out a village. The Soo Line Railroad came through that same year opening up the lumbering business and soon a shingle mill and saw mill were started. In 1877 the village was platted under the direction of the Phillips Construction Company and was incorporated May 24, 1881. A cyclone in the late 1880s caused great damage to the Village. In 1906 a fire started by a passing locomotive burned all of the timber supply and changed Auburndale's business character. The first school was established in 1873. Today, Auburndale serves mainly as a residential community with rural service and trade facilities available for residents of north central Wood County.